Pages

I have decided to live life to the fullest. I'm going to try and do new things on a regular basis, try and visit new places, try and not live such a boring life. In essence I want to live like a tourist in my own town. Visit places, see new things. Let's live this life to the fullest!!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Custom framing by me

To have framing done is ridiculously expensive. We've payed to have plenty of things done but I decided to try a new approach and see if I could do something myself. I had some of our friend John Boucek's photos printed but had to get them in some odd sizes so that they wouldn't crop the photos.

I went to Michael's and picked out a frame. They were doing a sale of buy one get one for a penny! I did something similar to another picture but it's a Christmas present so I can't post it yet :-) I picked out some fairly simple black frames in larger sizes so that I could fit my odd sized photos.

After I chose the frames I went over to the poster board section to pick out my "matting." I had my pictures with me which really helped. I picked out a silver one to go with these two black and white photos and my black frame.
Here are all my materials for the one I did for Mike and I. 
I decided to put two of the pictures into one frame.


 Here is a photo of the finished product...
I have an idea of where I'm going to put it but I'm waiting on some other "projects" I have in mind to come together first. I want to do a photo frame wall with this one incorporated.

All in all I did both frames for about $60. Not too bad considering framing these two pictures into one would probably have been about $300 or so!! I'll post the other one after Christmas (if I remember).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...