Pages

I have decided to live life to the fullest. I'm going to try and do new things on a regular basis, try and visit new places, try and not live such a boring life. In essence I want to live like a tourist in my own town. Visit places, see new things. Let's live this life to the fullest!!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Christmas Tree, and some of my favorite ornaments

I received a new ornament every year when I was younger, so did Mike. This gave us a good start to decorating our first Christmas tree three years ago. We have since added a few ourselves. A big contention for us was whether to go with a real tree or an artificial tree. I grew up with real, Mike grew up with artificial. We eventually decided on an artificial tree similar to this one.


Mike and I had a good time decorating the tree while listening to christmas music. It's always fun to pull out ornaments and remember when and where you got them and who gave them to you. 

Here are a few of my favorite ornaments we've got. Most of them are more recent. Like this one that we got our first christmas we were married.

This nativity was given to me by my grandparents.

This ornament was from Mike's childhood. I think it is way cool how it drapes across two branches like that.

 My family got these painted horse ornaments a couple years in a row. Because Mike likes penguins my mom got him this one.

This was a gift from my aunt for our first christmas as well. If I remember correctly she painted it herself.

Mike gave me this ornament our first christmas together, back in 2003 when we were just dating.

Do you have ornaments with a story??



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...