Pages

I have decided to live life to the fullest. I'm going to try and do new things on a regular basis, try and visit new places, try and not live such a boring life. In essence I want to live like a tourist in my own town. Visit places, see new things. Let's live this life to the fullest!!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mike left and I was bored...a quick bathroom makeover for $100

So Mike has been gone about two weeks, and is still gone for another two weeks. I got bored and have been watching a lot of HGTV and decided I wanted to do some redecorating. I didn't necessarily want to paint the bathroom but I wanted to bring in some more elements. I have black and a tealish color already in place so I wanted to work off of that. This project cost me a total of about $100.

Here is a before picture. 


I found these two pictures that had almost the perfect teal color with some black. So this was my jumping off point. First I needed to change the frames to black so that they would work.

 The frames were papered over the back so I had to block out the glass so I didn't get black spray paint on it.


I had also found this tea light holder in the leafy theme as well. It was a bronzy color so I had to paint that black too. All I did was use a black spray paint and put a couple of coats.

I was looking at an etagere or cabinet to put over the toilet but they were all way more than I wanted to spend so I found some great little shelves instead. But then I wanted to find some different knick-knacks to put in them. So here is everything I am putting in there...




 And then here is the after...




Pretty good if I do say so myself. And I won't have to repaint anything just putty some holes when we leave! (Unless I get tired of this in the next few years and change it again)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...