Pages

I have decided to live life to the fullest. I'm going to try and do new things on a regular basis, try and visit new places, try and not live such a boring life. In essence I want to live like a tourist in my own town. Visit places, see new things. Let's live this life to the fullest!!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Once a Diamond, Always a Diamond


As I said before Mike is now a part of VFA-146, the Blue Diamonds. Mike is currently  on the USS Ronald Reagan. Right now he is out on the ship doing some training to get the entire carrier air group ready for their deployment, leaving early next spring for 7 or 8 months :(  I knew the day would come where deployments were in our life, but it still sucks! I really need to find myself a job before then so that I have something to help keep me busy.

Every squadron has one plan that they deck out all fancy. I think the Blue Diamonds decked out plan is pretty neat:


This is his new hangar, not that exciting I know but...


And a couple pics of the flight line


The squadron has been awesome. The wives have been very welcoming and it is a very family oriented squadron which is nice. The CO tries to give the guys ample time off between now and deployment so that the families can be sure and get as much time together as possible. We are both really enjoying it. I'm anxious to hear what prank the guys pulled on Mike while he's out at the boat...there's always something!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...