Pages

I have decided to live life to the fullest. I'm going to try and do new things on a regular basis, try and visit new places, try and not live such a boring life. In essence I want to live like a tourist in my own town. Visit places, see new things. Let's live this life to the fullest!!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A day on the coast in Cambria


There is an adorable little town on PCH. It's filled with quaint little shops and cafes along the main road. There is pebble beaches and places to see the seals soaking up the sun on the rocks. Cambria is almost like stepping back in time, if it weren't for all the big SUV's parked along the road. There are people strolling Main St with their dogs wandering in and out of the shops. The first time I went there with my mom and my aunt we stopped in to do some wine tasting at Moonstone Cellars. The people were incredibly nice, it was the wine maker and owner in their chatting up the customers and pouring the wine. It was a bit overcast, as it always is till mid-afternoon on the CA coast. There was a 40 degree temperature difference between the coast and two hours inland where we live.


If you are going to visit this little town, and I suggest you make a stop if you're traveling in the area, Moonstone Beach Bar has good food and it's right on the water! The picture above shows the patio with all their umbrellas, and below is the view towards the water.


There is this great path to walk on along the water as well. It is a great place to hang out for an afternoon.  I have been back to Cambria since then. The second time I went I also ate at Moonstone. 

Here are a few pics from the coast. The rocks out in the ocean are bit are filled with seals at certain times of the year. 


I would recommend taking even just a few hours to stop into this cute little town to walk around and have some lunch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...