Pages

I have decided to live life to the fullest. I'm going to try and do new things on a regular basis, try and visit new places, try and not live such a boring life. In essence I want to live like a tourist in my own town. Visit places, see new things. Let's live this life to the fullest!!

Monday, October 13, 2008

New Job

Well I have officially started my new job. I am working at Woodstock Furniture, a local family owned business, as their book-keeper. This is something that I have never done, and something I never really saw myself doing. But with new places comes new adventures. And in a tiny town like Meridian, MS I have to take what jobs I can get. It will be a good opportunity and a good resume builder for in the future. Plus it might help me get on track of our own finances or if I open my open business or run a youth group.

And yes you did read open my own business. I'm going to look into running an out of the home business that I would be able to do while working in another job, or going to school, or even after we have kids. Not sure if it is going to happen or if it would even be fruitful, but with as much as we move I think it is worth looking into.

This new job is going to be a lot to learn. Like I said it is all stuff that I have never done before. And I personally have never had bills to pay or really had to keep track of many so on that note it will be a little different as well. But this might be where I was suppose to be for that exact reason. So that I can get personal finances in check and Michael and I will be able to save money and spend on doing fun things together. 

There is not a lot to do in the little town that we live in and we have to drive places and spend money in order to do things that are in the least bit fun. Even if what we actually do doesn't cost money the gas money to get there or the hotel to stay cause it is too far to just do a day trip is what costs money.

I'm hoping this new job will begin to bring a sense of meaning and purpose back into my life. Just sitting around the house here doing nothing was getting really depressing. I'm contemplating going back to school to get my masters. But again that costs money. I'm not sure if I want to do teaching or english lit or both.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats on the new job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...